CGS Book Reviews Editor - Seeking Expressions of Interest
Critical Gambling Studies is seeking a new Book Reviews Editor. This position is ideal for a graduate student or early career researcher with strong writing skills who is interested in building their editing experience and their network with critical gambling scholars.
Critical Gambling Studies publishes two issues per year and endeavors to include one or more book reviews in each issue. For examples, see the following links for our recent reviews of Dreamworld of Casino Capitalism and State Looteries. The position would commence for Volume 4 Issue 2, which will be published in the second half of 2023.
- Identify recently published books relevant to the journal’s scope
- With the assistance of the journal’s editorial board members, identify potential review authors with relevant expertise and invite them to contribute reviews for the journal
- Arrange with book publishers to have review copies sent to reviewers
- Work with review writers to edit book review drafts to meet CGS standards for style and quality
- Coordinate with review writers and the CGS Managing Editor to ensure that reviews are delivered in time for publication
To apply, please email your C.V. and a brief (1 page) expression of interest in the role to David Baxter (the current book reviews editor) at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 7, 2023. Please also reach out to David if you have any specific questions about the position.